We are seeking suitably experienced candidates to join our Event Assistants panel to work alongside our Vergers at services and other events. Ideally, applicants should have experience of working at medium to large events, in particular set up and take down, and staffing emergency exits. As these are positions with employment on an “as needed” basis, minimum shifts will be based on a four hour call with at least seven days’ notice. Applicants will be obliged to complete Garda Vetting. Applicants must be aged 18 or over and have fluent English.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Ensuring a warm welcome to all attending the Cathedral.
– Setting out seating for services and events.
– Guiding people to their seats.
– Staffing emergency exits.
– Assisting at receptions.
– Clearing up after the events and ensuring the Cathedral is clean and tidy.
– Provision of high level customer service
– Other duties as directed by Management.
– Rotas are based around a seven day week.
Only applicants who submit both a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter will be considered for this role.
Due to the high level of interest in the position, we will only contact successful candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
Application closing date: Monday 24th February 2020 at 12pm
Applications should be sent to:
Michelle Goonan at email@example.com