International & Language Schools
Learn about history, discover art and architecture and find out more about religious life in Ireland throughout the centuries.
- See the foundations of the original Viking church built on a hill above Wood Quay
- Visit Strongbow’s tomb and discover why he has a hole in the top of his head
- Be amazed by the ‘Leaning Wall of Dublin’ and hear the story of how the Cathedral roof fell in
- See the famous mummified ‘Cat and Rat’
- Spot all the different animals in our beautiful floor tiles and see a medieval bird’s claw-print
- Visit our atmospheric Crypt, the largest in Ireland and full of amazing stories. But don’t get stuck in the stocks while you’re down there!
International & Language schools can choose from the following options, all of which must be booked ahead:
(includes audio guide)
Students can avail of our audio guide and explore the cathedral from three different perspectives: ‘Power and Politics’, ‘Christ Church and the City’ or ‘Music and Spirituality’. Audio guides are available in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian. Visitor information leaflets are also available.
A tour of Christ Church Cathedral will greatly enhance students’ understanding of Irish history, culture and religion throughout the centuries. Students can also climb up into our belfry and learn about our historic 19 bells, the oldest of which dates back to 1738. They can even have a go at ringing the bells themselves. Suitable for students aged 12 and over, additional cost applies.
For more information, or to book a visit for your International & Language School students, please contact Sophie on 01 677 8099 or email her at email@example.com.