International & Language Schools
Learn about history, discover art and architecture and find out more about religious life in Ireland throughout the centuries.
- See the foundations of the original Viking church built on a hill above Wood Quay
- Visit Strongbow’s tomb and discover why he has a hole in the top of his head
- Be amazed by the ‘Leaning Wall of Dublin’ and hear the story of how the Cathedral roof fell in
- See the famous mummified ‘Cat and Rat’
- Spot all the different animals in our beautiful floor tiles and see a medieval bird’s claw-print
- Visit our atmospheric Crypt, the largest in Ireland and full of amazing stories. But don’t get stuck in the stocks while you’re down there!
International & Language schools can choose from the following options, all of which must be booked ahead:
(includes audio guide)
Students can avail of our audio guide and explore the cathedral from three different perspectives: ‘Power and Politics’, ‘Christ Church and the City’ or ‘Music and Spirituality’. Audio guides are available in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian. Visitor information leaflets are also available.
A tour of Christ Church Cathedral will greatly enhance students’ understanding of Irish history, culture and religion throughout the centuries.
For more information, or to book a visit for your International & Language school students, please contact Sophie on 01 677 8099 or email her at email@example.com.
*We regret that guided tours are not currently available.