Irish Primary and Secondary Schools
Learn about history, discover art and architecture and find out more about religious life in Ireland throughout the centuries.
- See the foundations of the original Viking church built on a hill above Wood Quay
- Visit Strongbow’s tomb and discover why he has a hole in the top of his head
- Be amazed by the ‘Leaning Wall of Dublin’ and hear the story of how the cathedral roof fell in
- See the famous mummified ‘Cat and Rat’
- Spot all the different animals in our beautiful floor tiles and see a medieval bird’s claw-print
- Visit our atmospheric Crypt, the largest in Ireland and full of amazing stories. But don’t get stuck in the stocks while you’re down there!
Primary Schools can choose from the following options, all of which must be booked ahead:
Wander around the cathedral at your own pace and direct your own learning.
INTERACTIVE CATHEDRAL ACTIVITY SHEET
(most suitable for 6-10 year olds)
This fun and interactive way to learn allows children to work together in groups, guided by a teacher, to find objects and uncover the answers to questions about the history of Christ Church as they explore. The activity sheet – provided with pencil on arrival – takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and can be combined with a guided tour if requested at time of booking.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND HISTORICAL TRAIL
(most suitable for 10-12 year olds)
A more advanced but enjoyable way to discover the cathedral with slightly more complex tasks and more history to keep older children engaged. Children will receive a trail on arrival — complete with a pencil and measuring tape! — and can work together in small groups, guided by a teacher. It takes approximately an hour to complete.
(additional charge €4.50 per student)
Dress up as a monk and enjoy a fun tour with one of our cathedral guides focusing on life in the medieval cathedral.
For more information, or to book a visit for your
Primary/Secondary school students, please contact Sophie on 01 677 8099
or email her at email@example.com.
Sample copies of all the trails, activity sheets and information sheets can be provided to teachers on request.