Visiting during Covid-19
We are following all guidance from our public health officials in regards to Covid-19 to ensure a safe environment for everyone. This will include social distancing and hygiene measures. We thank you in advance for your careful attention and patience as we implement public health guidance. Please check our opening hours here.
- Introduction of timed entrance tickets for our self-guided tours in order to reduce visitor numbers and increase safety for our visitors and staff. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Please respect government advice regarding Covid-19 restrictions and travelling.
- Guided tours are currently not available.
- Sanitation stations are available throughout the cathedral.
- Our English language visitor leaflet is available to download to your phone once in the cathedral.
- Perspex screens are in place at our ticketing desk and gift shop.
- We are cleaning our high-frequency touch points on a more regular basis.
- We have provided Covid-19 training for all staff members.
- There is signage throughout the building to remind visitors of the safety protocols.
- Cashless payments.
- For information on services during this time, please click here.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors.
- We have been approved by Fáilte Ireland for the COVID-19 Safety Charter.
The COVID-19 Safety Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative to reinforce confidence in domestic and overseas visitors in tourism businesses, and is designed to give comfort and reassurance to employers, employees and customers that tourism businesses are ready to re-open safely. The Safety Charter demonstrates that Christ Church Cathedral is operating in line with current Government public health advice and with safety and cleaning protocols in place. Cathedral employees have completed the appropriate COVID-19 hygiene and safety control training as set out in the Terms & Conditions of the Charter which can be viewed here.