If you arrive into Ireland from a location that is NOT on the green list below, you will have to restrict your movements for 14 days. Please do not book until you completed your 14 days.
Current Green List Locations:
In our preparations for re-opening, we are following all guidance from our public health officials in regards to Covid-19 to ensure a safe environment for everyone. This will include social distancing and hygiene measures. We thank you in advance for your careful attention and patience as we implement public health guidance.
We re-open to visitors from Thursday 2 July. Please check our opening hours here.
- Introduction of timed entrance tickets for our self-guided tours in order to reduce visitor numbers and increase safety for our visitors and staff. Tickets can be purchased here.
- If you arrive into Ireland from a country not on the Green List you will have to restrict your movements for 14 days. Please do not book to visit until you have completed your 14 days. The countries currently on the Green list can be viewed here
- Guided tours are currently not available.
- Sanitation stations are available throughout the cathedral.
- Our English language visitor leaflet is available to download to your phone once in the cathedral.
- Perspex screens are in place at our ticketing desk and gift shop.
- We are cleaning our high-frequency touch points on a more regular basis.
- We have provided Covid-19 training for all staff members.
- There is signage throughout the building to remind visitors of the safety protocols.
- Cashless payments.
- For information on services during this time, please click here.
- There will be no toilet facilities available during this time.
- We have been approved by Fáilte Ireland for the COVID-19 Safety Charter.
Christ Church Cathedral has been approved by Fáilte Ireland as eligible for the COVID-19 Safety Charter. The Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative to reinforce confidence in domestic and overseas visitors in tourism businesses, and is designed to give comfort and reassurance to employers, employees and customers that tourism businesses are ready to re-open safely. The Safety Charter demonstrates that Christ Church Cathedral is operating in line with current Government public health advice and with safety and cleaning protocols in place. Cathedral employees have completed the appropriate COVID-19 hygiene and safety control training as set out in the Terms & Conditions of the Charter which can be viewed here.