CATHEDRAL ASSISTANT / GUIDE (SEASONAL)
Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin
Christ Church Cathedral (founded c.1028) is the spiritual heart of the city, and one of the top visitor attractions in Dublin.
The Cathedral is also popular as a venue for concerts, graduation ceremonies and other events.
This is a seasonal post from June to the end of October. The successful candidates will work under the direction of the Head of Operations. The rate of pay is €10.50 per hour for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Applicants will be obliged to complete Garda Vetting. Applicants must be aged 18 or over and have fluent English. Tour guiding experience is essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring a warm welcome to worshippers, visitors, contractors and group leaders.
- Conducting guided tours of the Cathedral, gaining a good knowledge of the history and passing this on to visitors.
- Work at the Welcome Desk including till operations, cash handling, till counts and assisting groups to enter and exit the building.
- Work at the Gift Shop including till operations, cash handling, till counts, stocking shelves and other retail activities as directed by senior staff.
- Other duties as directed by Management.
- Rotas are based around a seven day week.
- Applicants must be available for interview in Dublin on Thursday 1st June 2017
- Applicants must be available to begin training and work on immediately upon reference check and successful Garda vetting.
Only applicants who submit both a Curriculum Vitae and a completed application form will be considered for this role.
Due to the high level of interest in the position, we will only contact successful candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
Application closing date: Friday May 26th.
Download Application Form
Applications & Curriculum Vitaes should be sent to:
Christ Church Cathedral,
Or by email: