Finance Officer – Maternity Cover
Christ Church Cathedral Dublin is one of Ireland’s oldest and most important heritage sites, a leading tourist destination and a place of pilgrimage for almost 1,000 years. We regularly host many high profile concerts and events throughout the year as well as the Crypt being a very popular destination for private parties and launches.
Christ Church is seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Officer to provide and be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of the Finance and Administrative functions within the Cathedral, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to safeguard our assets; and ensuring that all information is processed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. In addition, the appointee will be capable of working independently while expected to contribute to the wider development of the organisation, playing an active role on the administrative team. Familiarity with a non-profit environment is desirable; a capacity to identify with the core vision and values of Christ Church Cathedral is essential.
Applicants will have experience in budgeting, bookkeeping using Sage, Quickpay, VAT, PAYE, invoicing, credit control, financial forecasting, stock management, grant administration and claims, and providing detailed analytical reports and sound advice to the Managing Director, Dean and Chapter and the Board of Directors. Ideally the successful candidate will be a part-qualified accountant.
This is a maternity cover contract for 12 months, beginning in February 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Payroll: Monthly Salaries, Annual P35,
- Creditors/Debtors, bookkeeping, data entry to accounts package – Sage Line 50,
- Staff travel expenses and related records,
- Maintain control accounts petty cash, bank reconciliations, expenses, PAYE, debtors and creditors,
- Update and produce monthly and quarterly accounts,
- Monitor bank statements and prepare bank reconciliations, banking on line,
- Cash receipts / invoicing/ lodgements / data entry to accounts package,
- Maintenance of all records for audit purposes,
- Preparation of annual budgets,
- Maintenance of records of staff salary scales (i.e. records of increments, hours etc.),
- Deal with all correspondence from bank, tax office, and funding agencies and documentation required by them,
- Maintenance of supplier list to include supplier contact details and financial details,
- Attendance at staff and other meetings as required,
- Answering telephone and providing general information as required,
- Involvement in other aspects of cathedral life,
- Other related areas of work that might be required by the Managing Director, Dean or Board.
Applications close on Friday 8th December at 5pm. Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Head Verger/Cathedral Manager
This is an exciting role in one of Dublin’s landmark heritage sites and active places of Christian worship. The Cathedral Manager/Head Verger will work under the supervision of the Head of Operations and in consultation with the clergy presiding at daily worship to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the Cathedral in keeping with its unique heritage and identity. The responsibility of the Verger Department is to care for the Cathedral’s upkeep, maintenance and security and to welcome all who enter it. In addition, the suitable candidate will work with the Head of Operations to lead the Welcome Desk Team and to ensure they are appropriately supervised, motivated and resourced for their duties. Finally, a key component of this role will involve managing events at the Cathedral. This will require close liaison with the Head of Operations and the Tourism and Events Department in the operational planning and execution of a diverse calendar of events – from large gala dinners and concerts to small gatherings and meetings. They will also ensure that the Events Team are appropriately trained and motivated in carrying out their duties to the highest of standards. Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential for this role.
The Cathedral operates 7 days per week and the successful candidate will be required to work both day and evening/night shifts as required. The successful candidate will work very closely and demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach with the team.
For a full description please click here.
Applications close on Friday 22nd December at 5pm. Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org